Musings of an eclectic post 60's free thinker on varied topics pertaining to my city (Buffalo) and whatever I'm doing or thinking at the moment.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

With a Little Help From My Friends



Not that two days in it was needed, but there was a little help from my friends last night. Been going to a regular meditation group sitting on Tuesdays for a month or so now, and last night was Day 2 of the Big Sit. The meeting was good, a nice 10 minute Dharma talk before the meditation and then some sitting.

The talk was on Impermanence, something everyone needs a little more touch of in our daily lives in my view. Just a little nod to the fact that things have changed, things are changing and things will always change. Don't get too attached to the here and now, it won't last.

At the same time, knowing it won't last, savor the moment. Appreciate it........

"For, we may never pass this way again......"

0 comments: